Technology Venture Capital Analyst
INKEF Capital is an innovative venture capital firm dedicated to supporting European early-stage companies in both the technology and healthcare/life sciences sectors. We are distinct from other funds in that our 20-year fund cycle and €500 million fund size allow us to partner for the longer term, supporting ventures through their different stages of development. With 12 investment professionals and a multidisciplinary set of backgrounds in complementary technical, operational fields and geographies, the Inkef team offers a rounded and international perspective and brings a broad network to ensure our portfolio companies reach their full global potential. To date, our fund has made more than 30 investments and realized 5 exits, resulting in a top decile performance.
INKEF is looking to hire an Analyst to strengthen its technology team. We are looking for someone with passion for technology and a keen interest in analyzing business models.
Job Description Technology Analyst
- Contribution to all aspects of deal flow from sourcing, screening and evaluating new investment opportunities, to assisting with due diligence, deal execution and closing;
- Pro-active involvement in deal sourcing, via outbound calling and speaking to opinion leaders;
- Helping build and implement a more data-driven approach to deal flow and portfolio hiring;
- Establishing an own network for proprietary deal sourcing with entrepreneurs and fellow VCs by attending (international) events, social events, dinners and meet-ups;
- Conducting due diligence of new ventures, analyze markets and competitive environments, evaluate and benchmark business models, metrics and technology stack;
- Performing deep dives into technology areas that could be of interest to INKEF and markets to determine potentially new investment opportunities or theses;
- Actively supporting existing portfolio companies as needed;
- Helping prepare internal investment memos, including valuation analysis via modelling.
- Strong academic credentials with a degree from a top-tier institution. A graduate degree, ideally with an MSc in basic or applied science (computer science, physics, mathematics, econometrics, data science etc.);
- A minimum of 2-4 years of experience in either a technical role (e.g. engineering, product or technology roles) with a tech start-up / scale-up or in investment banking, strategy consulting or venture capital. Having seen a tech start-up from inside is considered a plus.
- High degree of intellectual curiosity plus excellent work ethic;
- Outstanding analytical skills with attention to detail;
- An ability to build and maintain good relationships with people;
- Is pro-active, a driven self-starter, needing little guidance plus can take ownership of a given project;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- A multicultural background is a plus, you will have explored the world and ideally speak more than two languages. High level of energy, enthusiasm, and commitment to success.
- Amazing learning opportunities as a key member of our investment team with significant mentorship from the INKEF team;
- A highly international working environment with fun but high-performing colleagues;
- A chance to work with exceptional entrepreneurs;
- Competitive base salary;
- Bonus/upside in the fund performance;
- Discounted premium gym membership.
As soon as possible.
INKEF Capital is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. INKEF Capital does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. INKEF Capital will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with INKEF Capital.